Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Road Trip

It was such a beautiful weekend here so we decided to take a road trip on Sunday. We drove to Stillwater, MN – no particular reason for going there other than it was within a 2 hour radius of the house. It’s a little town on the St. Croix river, which makes up the Minnesota and Wisconsin border. We laid out a blanket in the shade along the river so we could feed the girls and watch the boats. It was a great way to spend the afternoon.

The girls are doing great. Last week they had a doctor appointment and were both over 10 lbs! They also had their first round of vaccinations and actually did very well – hardly any tears! Natalie’s hematocrit (iron levels) also checked out okay at this appointment . So I have two healthy little girls! I will say Kate was a little stinker this past weekend though… Lets just say I hit the trifecta of surprises (I was pee’d on, pooped on, and puked on).

Other than that, I’m just trying to get Bela (our golden retriever) back into shape. I took her to the vet a couple weeks ago and was embarrassed to find out that she was up to 95lbs!!! She gained 10 lbs just since April….an obvious sign of her neglect during my bedrest and the arrival of the twins. So I decided to take her running with me the other day and it was the most pathetic thing I have ever seen. After about 1 mile she was walking BEHIND me as I ran… I practically had to drag her the rest of the way home. I can’t believe how out of shape we’ve let her get!! It will be good for her once the girls are big enough to chase her around the house.

Here’s some updated photos of the girls. The first set of pics start with Natalie and Kate is the one with the ‘strawberry’ on her chest in the bath photos.

3 comments:

momoftwinz said...

They are SO precious. I love to see new pics! I can't believe how fast they're growing!

Knitterella said...

The girls are so beautiful!

The "C" Chronicles said...

Great pics! The girls are adorable! Glad you wrote about the strawberry. I may have thought that was a third nipple or something!