Saturday, January 29, 2011

Hello 2011!





2011, really?!? How is it possible that I've been out of high school 15 years, college 10 years!! Wow - time has flown by and life just keeps getting better! We ended 2010 with the arrival of our sweet Sophia!! Its amazing how different this experience has been in so many ways. For starters, other than her blue eyes and long eyelashes, Sophia couldn't be any more different than the twins. She has the black hair I expected the twins to have, she was born with more hair than the girls had when they were one, and at 2 months she weighed more than the girls did at 4 months. She LOVES to talk and to be talked to! Her big sisters adore her, especially Kate who always makes sure she has her blanket. It took them a while to realize that she was both mommy and daddy's baby...when ever Mike would hold her, they were quick to tell him, "That's Mommy's baby!". Although for a while there, they were actually right...Sophia wanted mommy and only mommy. While that was exhausting, I loved it!! :) I'm really cherishing every moment with her knowing that she's the last one (no we will not be trying for a boy!). But she has figured out that she's got a great daddy and always gets a big smile whenever she sees him! The twins are doing great and are so smart, so funny, and have the most amazing little personalities. A couple funny and favorite things that come to mind right now:

- I just taught them to sing "Where is Thumbkin", however Kate says "Duncan" instead of Thumbkin and Natalie says "Something". Cracks me up every time.
- Kate has just started to annunciate Natalie's name this week....which is good, but also very sad for us. Since she started talking, Natalie has always been "Nonnie". We'll have to figure out how to keep that nickname around.
- Natalie telling me that she "can't like" something or when she gets a little attitude with me and is really trying to get her point across when she is telling me no by saying "NO, NOT EITHOR".
- Oh, their little personalities....I hate to say it but Kate is daddy's girl and Natalie is mine. So I know I was a little stinker as a kid and Natalie is my daughter for sure. She knows just how to push my buttons and can be so naughty.... Kate is happy go lucky for the most part, and although she has her own naughty streak...she's definitly not as devious as my Natalie. It truly amazes me to see how different they are even though they are identical twins.... You would think same genetics, same environment would equal same personality, but it definitly does not!
- Potty training.....oh so close. Nap time and overnight are my next hurdles.
- They are really getting into pretend play now... We've had a toy kitchen for the longest time and they are finally pretending to cook. They also love pushing their babies in the strollers, and having tea parties.
- Chasing them around the kitchen as the "Tickle Monster". If we ever leave this house that is what I will miss most I think. They have the Wheely Bugs that my mom gave them and they zip around our island as I chase them and just squeel with laughter when I catch them.
- As for Sophia, well she is doing great and is consistently sleeping through the night!! 10PM - 5AM!! Amazing. The other night she actually slept longer than I did - went to bed before me and woke up after!

Other than that, I'm just gearing up for going back to work next week. :( I've loved my time off with the girls.....although a stay at home mom is a tough job, I feel like I've finally gotten into a routine with them and will really really miss spending my days with them. SO SO sad! I feel so very blessed for this beautiful family we have and for my 3 girls and most amazing husband and daddy! I don't really know what I thought my life would be like 10 years ago, but I can say I never imagined myself pushing a shopping cart through Target with twins strapped into the toddler's seats and a newborn sitting in her carseat in the cart while I pile groceries up around her. Its a crazy crazy life, but I wouldn't have it any other way!

Here's a few recent pics!

2 comments:

Jarrad, Misty, Jenna, Josie Odle said...

congrats sara! wow...we had no idea you were expecting another girl! so fun! jarrad just told me that marks another statistic for families with 3 girls...so we won't be trying for a boy either :-)! sounds like you're doing great! life has changed, but what would you do every night without your little monkeys! take care and really wish we lived closer so our little girls could become the best of friends :-)!

Nicole said...

Update me! I gave you a year! lol