Hello! Well I know many of you have been anxiously waiting for an update on the girls. Kate and Natalie are nine days old today and are doing great. I was discharged from the hospital Monday, but the girls are still in the special care nursery. They are doing very good; the doctors are just waiting for them to start eating more consistently before they will send them home. We’re hoping that will happen in the next couple days. Fortunately the hospital has parent overnight rooms, so we’ve been able to stay overnight with the girls over the past week. It’s also been a good way to ease into the many sleepless nights to come, since at home we won’t have the option of skipping a 2am feeding to just let the nurses do it.
Although the girls are identical, they have already begun to show their individual personalities and funny little quirks…… Natalie likes to sleep looking to the right, while Kate likes to sleep looking to the left. Natalie LOVES to go to the bathroom right in the middle of a diaper change…..she’s caught me, daddy, and even the nurses off guard multiple times. Kate loves to stick out her tongue and sleep with her mouth wide open. (I think she gets that from her daddy)
I have to keep this short as I need to get to their 5pm feeding, but here’s a few more pics….
Daddy & Natalie

Daddy & Kate

Natalie
Kate

3 comments:
Wow...they are just so precious! I love the pics and can't wait to see more and more! Be sure to let us know when you're all home safe and sound!
Great pictures! They are so beautiful. Hope you are all home soon.
So exciting Sara. So happy for you guys.
Post a Comment