Sunday, January 11, 2009

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!! So since I last wrote, the girls celebrated Thanksgiving by starting solids foods. Natalie started off like a pro, it took Kate a little while to figure out she wasn't supposed to spit it out. So far they've tried apples, pears, carrots, avocado, bananas, peaches, & green beans. So far green beans are by far their favorite, which grosses daddy out because he HATES green beans.

My mom just got me a food processor so I have been starting to make my own baby food. Its SO easy and is actually kinda fun. So far I have tried avocados and carrots. I think that will be my big project next weekend, pureeing and freezing all kinds of goodies for the girls!

The girls also celebrated their first Christmas by flying for the first time. I was pretty nervous about the thought of flying with two babies, but it went great! I even changed a diaper in mid-flight. It was so easy that I don't think we'll ever put ourselves through the torture of driving for 14 hours again!!



It was so great to be home for a week and see all of our family and friends that we have not had a chance to see in such a long time! The girls got LOTS of great presents from the family, but Natalie got an extra special present......her first tooth!! One of her bottom teeth has poked through and the one right next to it just started to poke through today. No teeth for Kate yet. I assumed that with identical twins that everything would happen at the exact same time for both, but that appears not to be the case.

Besides all these fun firsts, the girls are just growing so fast and getting more fun each day that goes by. They are scootching all over the place and are probably a week or two from crawling! YIKES! Kate appears to be the trouble maker as she likes to get into anything she shouldn't and has more than once stole Nat's pacifier right out of her mouth and put it in hers. Natalie is my ticklish one, she just laughs and laughs and laughs. The girls are also beginning to really notice each other and will often stare at each other and just start laughing. Its so funny! I feel so lucky to get to experience the joys of twins! I can't imagine our lives any other way.

Our nanny started on Monday. I LOVE not having to take the girls to daycare any more and we get to spend so much more time with them in the morning and at night. I think they are taking much better naps here at home so they aren't crabby as early. It has made such a huge difference!!!! Its so nice to come home to two happy babies everyday!

Here are some pics of all the Auburn babies! There are 3 sets of twins in these pics!!!! Enjoy!

2 comments:

momoftwinz said...

YAY!! I love this post! Thanks for including the pics of the playdate. So glad we were able to meet the girls...they are absolutely precious!!!

Knitterella said...

Love the slide shows. Your girls are so beautiful

Great to see the post of the play date too - gosh everyones babes are getting so big. How fun!